REMEMBER the Fallen. . . HONOR those who Serve. . . TEACH our children the value of Freedom.
Welcome to the Oviedo Cemetery 's Wreaths Across America Page.
On December 18 at 12:00 pm, 2021, Wreaths Across America will be at Oviedo Cemetery to Remember and Honor our veterans through the laying of Remembrance wreaths on the graves of our country's fallen heroes and the act of saying the name of each and every veteran aloud.
Please help our location lay wreaths at as many graves as possible by clicking the red "Sponsor" button. Or, if you would like to volunteer to participate in the wreath laying ceremony, please click the “Volunteer” button next to the cemetery name below, and don't forget to click the "Invite" button to invite your friends and family to join you.
Thank you so much for supporting Oviedo Cemetery and Wreaths Across America!
Wreaths Radio Hosts Leaders for its First Radio RoundTable on Veteran Healing
The goal of the roundtable series is to help reduce barriers for veterans by supporting generational bonds between service veterans through stories of service and success and combating inaccurate perceptions of veterans by discussing the diverse experiences, challenges, and success of service members, veterans, and their families....
15 W Broadway St
Oviedo, FL 32765
Directions to Cemetery
Navigation systems do an adequate job finding the cemetery. Search for Oviedo Cemetery. It is at the corner of Broadway Street and Aulin Ave, across from Oviedo High School. The ceremony will be near the flagpole which is close to that intersection.
Parking InstructionsThere is plenty of parking at this cemetery, so feel free to park along Aulin Ave. If you park on Aulin along the cemetery boundary, please avoid gravestones nearest the road and do not drive into the cemetery. The ceremony will be in the area near the flagpole nearest Broadway Street.
Ceremony and Volunteer Information
We are happy that you are willing to help with our Wreath Across America ceremony at Oviedo Cemetery . Please do not forget to register to volunteer! That way you will get all updates about the cemetery itself.
Here are some things to remember about the ceremony:
- Everyone of all ages and backgrounds is welcome.
- Ceremonies around the world will be starting at the same moment, so please be on time. We will start at NOON sharp.
- You are requested to wear a face covering when in proximity to others (per Seminole County rules) and to keep at least 6 feet of distance from others not part of your own home group.
- Anyone wishing to place a wreath for their own family member(s) should contact us in advance so we can reserve a wreath for you. For 2020, family members may place wreaths before or after the ceremony.
- For 2020, we will expand our wreath laying to Boston Hill. Those wreaths will be placed in the morning Dec 19 and volunteers are needed there as well.
- Please help ensure that all participants get the opportunity to place a wreath.
- Please follow the location coordinators instructions on where to place wreaths, as well as "how" they should be placed.
- We especially appreciate volunteers willing to help clean-up in January. Please check in with the location coordinator if you are interested in helping with the clean-up.
The most important thing to remember is to have a meaningful experience participating in the ceremony and thank you so much for help Wreaths achieve our mission to remember, honor and teach.